Created in September 2005, NOVaide is the result of the will by three social economy businesses* to ensure the perpetuation of domestic help services as well as the consolidation of local quality employment. Every day since the merge, Coopérative de solidarité NOVaide works hard to fulfill this twofold mission that consists of:
Helping seniors and people with a loss of autonomy stay in their home
through subsidized services. As well as fostering the well-being of the general public by providing affordable home maintenance services.
Support employability in its community
by providing secure quality employment.
As a solidarity cooperative, this mission is structured around the involvement of its working members, user members and their relatives, as well as partners.
Accomplishments at a glance:
- 70 domestic help caregivers, most of which have more than 3 years of experience
- 75,000 hours of services annually
- 2,100 people helped annually, 75% of which are over 65
- 2,470 people and organizations members of the cooperative
*The merged businesses:
– Coopératout (serving St-Léonard, St-Michel, Villeray, Petite Patrie and Parc-Extension)
– Coup de main à domicile (serving Rosemont and St-Léonard)
– Les Beaux Ménages (serving Montréal-Nord and Rivière-des-Prairies).